Sunday, November 29, 2009

Hope is the thing with feathers...


The most delicate of beings...yet also very resilient. I have handled many hummingbirds in my time and they never cease to amaze me. Whether an adult who smacked a window such as this lovely in my hand...or a baby who was knocked from a nest...each of them inspire me to face life's challenges no matter how small I feel at times. Thus my favorite poem, from Emily Dickinson...

"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune--without the words,
And never stops at all..."

2 comments:

  1. Dude, you are the QUEEN! I love your header too!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hiya! Cyndi - thank you so much for your lovely email and congratulation for starting your very own blog .... i am so very much looking forward to read about your diverse life and interest :-) keep up w/ good blogging, see you around often, xx

    ReplyDelete